Prawnstar proved its worth.

Tuesday 2 February 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and Hola! I was texted by Walid (KB-ians Anglers) saying "Prawnstar proven" and it was a coincidence that I was at a local tackle store and not far from where I used to fish. My business at the tackle store was to get some beads for my Prawnstar, spinning reel cover for my Shimano Biomaster and a 30lb flurocarbon leader (Invisible Water). After getting these, I didn't hesitate to go to the usual spot. Once I got there, I rigged my Prawnstar with beads added in its belly and using the new leader I just bought. Not long after my second cast, I received a nudge but no hook-up. After the sixth cast, I finally caught a Mangrove Jack, probably around 300-400g. I set it free after taking a few snapshot of the beauty. I moved to a different spot and kept casting. Fifteen mins later, I got another hook-up. It might just be a baby but it shows how brutal a small Jack can be. My time limit was until 12 noon cause I have to pick the kids from school at 12.20. As the clock strikes 12, I was reluctant to leave but I gave it another shot. Kept on casting until the 5th cast, and surprisingly I got the 3rd strike. But this time it was different. I knew it was a Jack but this one is just playing nasty. It was fighting for its life refusing to give up. It's a good thing that I bought that 30lbs leader cause the one I had which is a 20lbs Toman brand would definitely snap. The Jack has got to be in a range of 700-800g b'cause it was heavy. I was ecstatic and I wouldn't lie to you that I actually "WOOOOOed!!" Haha! In 35mins I caught 3 Mangrove Jacks and I am one happy geezer (^_^) .

 
1st strike with a Prawnstar.

 
 
Another view of the Jack.

 
 
2nd strike!! Just a cute baby MJ.

 
 
3rd strike!!! gotta love this Prawnstar!

 
 
Another snapshot of the Jack.

 
 
MJ totally swallowed the middle hook but was safely removed.

NOTE: Even though the last MJ caught was a table size good enough to bring it home for dinner, it was safely release to its habitat. (Gotta control its population. One person makes a huge difference.) And to Walid, dude!! you have to order more Prawnstars. Haha! 

0 comments: to “ Prawnstar proved its worth. so far...