Not mine but Rahman's

Sunday 7 February 2010 0 comments

Went to a new spot to fish today with my brother, Sofian. I managed to reel in a big Tarpon but it got away 3 feet before I had the chance to land it. There were no signs of fish where we casted so we moved to my usual spot. Even then, we didn't catch anything. I texted Rahman on his fishing whereabouts and met him soon afterward. When we got there, I asked him whether he caught anything for the day and he told me to peek into his bag. I couldn't help feeling that he'd gotten something that I've been wanting to catch in my ONE YEAR fishing experience. Carefully I opened the bag and to my horror it was a 900g BARRAMUNDI!!!! Caught using a 15lbs braided line and a 14lbs leader on a Rapala Skitter Pop. Gobsmacked and green with envy, I placed the Barramundi back into his bag which he had intended to give it away to my sister...a token of his love. So sad to say, the fish was not 'catch and release' but someone else is happier today in the end =)   

 
900g Barramundi by Rahman (Mua puas hati...haha!)

 
 
Barramundi on a grill with Lydia & Rahman.

 
 
Barramundi not catch and release but catch and grill...lol!

 
 
Barramundi and friends, the Tarpons on a barbie.

NOTE: Congratulations to Rahman on his 2nd Barramundi catch and next time do catch and release...haha! 
     

0 comments: to “ Not mine but Rahman's so far...