Juvenile GT @ Area 51

Tuesday 2 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! I tried to upload my updated pictures last night but was unable to do so. Yesterday Walid (KB-ians Anglers) and I went casting at "Area 51" (It's a restricted area). We had to go deep in search for big Barras and Jacks but unfortunately we were unable to locate them. (How Walid wished that he had a fish finder. Haha!) All we caught was a juvenile GT, a Crevalle Jack, an estuary Cod and a spotted Grouper. My actual target was estuary Cod or Grouper but instead I caught both young GT and Crevalle Jack (almost in the same species with GT but it has a slight yellow color) whereas Walid using his famous "Berkley Gulp Alive" prawn, caught both estuary Cod and spotted Grouper. I must say the Berkley prawn works much better compare to the Prawnstar due to the scent the Berkley prawn releases. Unlike Prawnstar, it does not have any scent and it only rely on the flicking tail action. Walid was a little disappointed 'cause Area 51 is known for feisty Tarpon and to him, 4 catch in the area was considered "poor". I'm not complaining, as I felt blessed that we were able to catch something rather than nothing. Hopefully, in the near future we can have another go at Area 51.

 
Juvenile GT using Rapala Skitter Pop

 

I couldn't decide which picture to post 'cause I like 'em both. Hehe ...

 

Crevalle Jack using Prawnstar Shrimp lure

NOTE: Go to KB-ians Anglers website to read and see Walid's side of story and pictures. And whatever pulled my Prawnstar, I refused to believe that it was a Barra. Haha!!
   

0 comments: to “ Juvenile GT @ Area 51 so far...