Man Utd vs Liverpool "Snakehead Battle"

Monday 22 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! Today's Sunday fishing was accompanied by my cousin, Tyco (Duo Fishing) and the target fish was Snakehead. Tonight, there will be a big match between Liverpool and Man Utd so we decided to go head to head against each other since Tyco is a Man Utd fan and I'm a Liverpool fan. We went to spot-W to search for Snakeheads and as we got there I threw the first cast to mark the kick off for the battle between me and Tyco. Tyco used a frog buzz bait lure and the Snakeheads went nuts on this lure. At first I was using my Rapala Skitter Pop but since there were no response to the lure, I didn't hesitate to change it so I went for a mini Halco. While I was rigging, Tyco already scored the first Snakehead. When I finished rigging my Halco, I cast it and it wasn't long that I received a thug but the fish suddenly managed to escape. Tyco then struck the second Snakehead weighing in 500g. So I was 2-0 down and that didn't stop me to go on. Half and hour later, Tyco struck the third Snakehead and he was really on fire!! At one point, I managed to hooked a mysterious fish but it somehow got away. The fish was in white color same as the ones Walid (KB-ians Anglers) encountered. 20mins later, I finally scored my first Snakehead followed by a second, 8 mins later. The score was 3-2 and I was about to catch up until he scores another one to wrap up the first half with 4-2. During half time, we went home for lunch and the second half resumed at 5pm. Unfortunately for me, I didn't score and Tyco added two more Snakeheads to finish the full time. Man Utd 6, Liverpool 2. Hopefully the score between Man Utd vs Liverpool tonight won't replicate our results 'cause I would hate to see that happen. Haha!


  Juvenile Snakehead swallowed my Halco lure


 Second Snakehead weighed around 300g


 Snakehead using Halco Sorcerer


A huge Snakehead managed to bent my hook

NOTE: I hooked up so many and lost at the same time. Still not sure what the white colored fish was. It couldn't be a Tarpon cause I would know how a Tarpon would react to a hook up and the fish remains unknown ...

0 comments: to “ Man Utd vs Liverpool "Snakehead Battle" so far...