Hungry Juvenile Marble Goby

Saturday 6 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day. I meant to post this last Tuesday but somehow I forgot. Haha! I caught this small juvenile Marble Goby (Oxyeleotris marmorata) last Tuesday morning using my Eupro lure. Locally known as Tutu, Betutu or Ketutu. It is also highly regarded as a good eating fish and very pricy in restaurants. Soon Hock (another of its common name) is a slow moving fish that likes to sit at the bottom of quiet streams, canals and lakes. When looking for food, it would normally rest at a spot waiting for any fish or prawn to swim pass by. Here in Brunei, it's not easy to find an adult size Marble Goby. And if you do, I suggest you sell it to the Chinese as they are crazy about this fish. If you're lucky, some would buy off you at a very high price but if you were to sell it to restaurants, they would only take it $15 per kilo. To strike a large Marble Goby, I consider it as lucky 'cause fish like this are hard to find in our fresh water system.

 
Marble Goby using Eupro lure

 
 Alien looking yet majestic

 
 This one looks a little like a Snakehead

NOTE: Fish caught was "Catch and Release". I'm hoping to catch a bigger size in the future. hehe ... 
 

0 comments: to “ Hungry Juvenile Marble Goby so far...