What are you doing here Barra?

Thursday 18 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! Early this morning, I went to the spot where I caught a Jack yesterday. At first, I was using my trusted Halco Sorcerer but unfortunately the fish wasn't interested. So I took out my Rapala Skitter Pop from my bag and rigged a Rapala knot to my 30lbs fluorocarbon leader. I was still looking for that Ladyfish, wanting to feel its powerful fight against my 15lbs Berkley Fireline braided line. Instead of Ladyfish, the Tarpons were curious and nudging my Skitter Pop. As I was popping gently, a fish took my lure viciously. Instantly I knew it was not a Tarpon 'cause it felt different. So I reeled it in and I was shocked to see a 500g Barra. Took my grip and clipped it to its mouth and asked the Barra, "What are you doing here? ... Happy to see you tho' ... haha!!" After taking some pictures, I released it and hopefully will catch it again someday.

  500g Barramundi using Rapala Skitter Pop


 What a beautiful Barra!


A Tarpon was also caught


NOTE: Both Barra and Tarpon was "Catch & Release" and Walid, ... jangan marah, haha!!

0 comments: to “ What are you doing here Barra? so far...