Tarpon yet again

Wednesday 10 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! This morning, Walid (KB-ians Anglers) and I went to the W-spot and what makes it disappointing was that yesterday, there were people fishing using bamboo sticks in the area. The bamboos were lined up from end to end (maybe 10 or more bamboo sticks were used). And what made it funny was that Walid asked those people how many have they caught and they said around "one hundred" Snakeheads. Haha! I said you're a load of BULLSHIT!! (please excuse my language, hehe). So Walid introduced me to another spot where not many people know and the whereabouts. There I caught a decent size freshwater Tarpon and missed a few. Walid didn't catch anything but at least he caught 5 Snakeheads yesterday. I'm sure there are Snakeheads in the area but it seems a little shy. Next, Area 51 ... 

Freshwater Tarpon using Rapala Skitter Pop lure

 Freshwater Tarpon darker in color whereas its saltwater cousin is silver

NOTE: Tarpon was "Catch & Release" and again, chicken rice was yummy. Haha!! 

0 comments: to “ Tarpon yet again so far...