Nu Rod's 1st Strike

Wednesday 17 March 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! My Berkley rod got busted in half last two days ago when Tyco and I were hunting for Snakeheads. I'm still trying to figure out how a Berkley rod can easily breaks when I gently threw a modified frog lure (made by Kwang of Deep Blue fishing). Maybe the lure was a little heavy but c'mon!! a Berkley rod?!! On that day itself, Tyco and I went to Tutong to get myself a new rod and I bought a 6 feet long Fenwick rod. So this morning, I had a go on the new rod and I must say, it felt kinda different maybe because I'm used to a 6'6'' rod. As I was casting using a Bakau soft plastic lure, I received a strong thug but unfortunately my 30lbs leader snapped suddenly. My suspicion was a Barracuda that cut my leader clean. So no luck this morning and feeling unsatisfied I decided to have another go at a different location later in the afternoon. This time my target was Tarpons and Ladyfish but to my surprise, I caught a 500g Mangrove Jack using a Halco Sorcerer. So the new rod is not that bad after all and hopefully I will get good results in the near future.

MJ using a Halco Sorcerer and my new Fenwick rod


Zoom in on the Jack


Another pic of the same Jack


 My "Busted" Berkley rod


NOTE: Jack was a "Catch and Release" and hopefully my broken Berkley rod can be fixed by Kwang of Deep Blue fishing.

0 comments: to “ Nu Rod's 1st Strike so far...