Snakehead frenzy at W-spot

Monday 15 February 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and Hola! This morning we went Snakehead hunting at the W-spot. I left home at 7am and picked up Tyco Kembura (Duo Fishing) along the way. We left KB at 7.15am and reached to our destination at 7.30am. When we arrived at the W-spot, Walid and Eejat (KB-ians Anglers) were already there and were taking photos on Eejat's first catch that morning. Everyone was using a frog topwater buzz bait lure ... but I opted to try my $1 grub again. Not only TK, Walid and Eejat got good responses from the buzz bait, they also had successfully reeled in 8 Snakeheads. TK and Eejat both got a hat-trick but TK caught the biggest weighed in at approximately 900g. Walid did pretty well landing 2 Snakeheads, while myself felt a little disappointed. Seeing the success of the buzz bait, I took my $1 grub off and rigged in my buzz bait lure. Somehow, the frenzy had stopped and I was already feeling the pressure but it didn't stop me from casting until I get at least one Snakehead. I decided to leave the group and made my way to another untouchable spot. There, I received a few serious misses and not long after, that 'pressure' was lifted off my shoulders. The buzz bait effectively caught the attention of a juvenile Snakehead. In result, 9 Snakeheads were caught for the day and maybe more to come in the near future. Hehe ...

 
One is better than nothing

 
 Small but fun


 
Buzz bait success on a Snakehead

NOTE: TK and I would like to thank Walid for taking us to the W-spot and also ... thanks for the refreshment and lunch at your place. Next time I'll bring extra clothing and a quick dry pants to jump into your pool. Haha!

0 comments: to “ Snakehead frenzy at W-spot so far...