1.5KG BIG JACK!!

Friday 19 February 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! I woke up at 4am this morning to watch Liverpool play against Unirea for the Europa Cup (Liverpool won 1-0). After the game, I planned to go for a quick cast for Barras. When I got to the Barra spot, my Ecogear top water pencil was not on the breakfast menu for Barras or Tarpons. I didn't get a single hit or misses. So I changed my lure to Eupro and moved to another location. This morning, the water level was at 0.9m perfect for Jack fishing. As soon as I reached there, I quickly casted my lure as my time limit was until 9am. Around 5mins later, I got the first strike but this one was powerful. The tip of my rod bent and vibrated viciously and my 15lbs braided line kept on coming out from my drag. I reeled it in as quickly and steadily as I could but the fish just won't give up. Every time I had it close, it kept on going away refusing to give up. When I finally had it really close, I took my grip and clip it to the big Jack. Lift it up from the water and was shocked to see the MJ weighed at 1.5kg (My best personal record for MJs so far. YAY!!). Next I changed my lure and rigged a YO-ZURI Hardcore (aka Jamie). Casted it immediately and got a second, juvenile MJ. Just before my time was nearly over, I caught the third Jack but unfortunately, it somehow was able to let loose from the hooks. My guess is, the third must have been in the range of around 1kg. So I stopped casting and before I went home, I bought fried kuay tiaw for my wife and the boys. Alhamdulillah, rezeki seems to come in my way (^_^)

 
Rezeki di pagi Jumaat

 
 
Pic was taken by my sis Lydia at my mother's

 
 
1.5kg Jack and 46cm in length

 
 
Closeup of the 1.5kg Jack and Eupro lure


 
Juvenile Jack using YO-ZURI Hardcore aka Jamie

NOTE: Juvenile Jack was "Catch and Release". The bigger Jack was a good size enough to "tapau" so I took it home and gave it to my mother for today's lunch. By the time you finished reading this post, the Jack was already ravished and left in bones. Haha! 

0 comments: to “ 1.5KG BIG JACK!! so far...