$1 Grub Snakehead

Saturday 13 February 2010 0 comments

 Assalamualaikum and g'day! This morning, I decided to go for freshwater fishing with my cousin Tyco Kembura (Duo-Fishing) and were invited by Walid (KB-ians Anglers) to an undisclosed spot (I called it lubok W or W-spot). Walid got impatient that he started without us and got himself 3 snakeheads. When we arrived and met Walid, we rushed to the frenzied spot. As soon as we reached to the W-spot, Walid threw his first cast and it didn't took him long for his 4th snakehead strike. At that time, my lure was simple. Just a $1 grub that I bought from a local tackle store. After approx. 20mins, without realizing ... my cheap grub were suddenly tugged by a snakehead, I gave a serious pump to make sure that I got a solid hook-up. Reeled it in steadily ... nicely and got myself a 700g snakehead (my biggest so far). Walid congratulated me on my game fish catch but just 15 minutes after, he caught a bigger snakehead than mine ranging from 1+ kg. It was a shocker! Haha! TK thought he had a strike himself ... it was an exciting moment but sadly only reeled in ... dead weeds. Better luck next time TK. We had to stop because of the scorching hot sun. So by the end of the day, Walid got 5 snakeheads and I caught 1. Insya'llah, tommorow the snakehead adventure continues.

 
700g Snakehead on a hot day

 
Closer look on a $1 grub

NOTE: Due to the Snakehead's healing qualities, it was not released because my brother, Sofian requested for it to be taken home to help a small child recover from his accident injuries. Btw, W-spot is named after Walid. Haha!!

0 comments: to “ $1 Grub Snakehead so far...