Catcha-Barra

Tuesday 6 April 2010 0 comments

Assalamualaikum and G'day! After a week of not getting a SINGLE strike, finally I caught one today and what a catch!! I successfully caught a Barramundi weighing at 1kg (My biggest by far) I went from one location to another until at the last spot, just as I was about to leave, a Barra was tricked by my Rapala Skitter Pop. It was a surprise for me 'cause in a blink of an eye, a big whopping splash hit my lure. At first I thought it might be a Ladyfish but then the fish went straight towards me like how Tarpons usually do. In my mind, I was thinking ... this must be a big Tarpon. When it got a little closer, it started to swim away and my drag was screaming out my 15lbs braided line. Instantly I smiled and felt excited, and said to myself "this is not a big Tarpon, ... it's the elusive Barramundi. Haha!!". This is kinda unexpected for me, as early this morning I didn't feel like fishing but instead I forced myself to go and I have to say, it was worth it. (^_^) 

This is my 3rd Barra


 Barra using Rapala Skitter Pop


 1kg Barra and 58cm long

NOTE: Barra was proudly "Catch & Release" and hopefully I will be seeing this beauty again in the near future.

0 comments: to “ Catcha-Barra so far...