"Small" Jacks on a Saturday morning.

Saturday 23 January 2010 0 comments

Assalammualaikum. Hi y'all! It has been 3 weeks since my last update so I decided to post my "small" catch for the start of the year 2010. Due to the bad weather, I stayed in and was unable to fish but thank god I have a PS3. From playing Street Fighter IV to Winning Eleven '09 (still can't afford to get 2010 version. haha!) I was glued to both TV and my wife's laptop, stalking on my friend's Facebook walls. LOL! After the bad weather subsides, I decided to catch Tarpons and that was fun. I caught ... hmmm ... I can't remember ... TOO MANY!! I caught so many of 'em that I couldn't be bothered to take a picture. The water tide didn't look too promising this morning as it was a low tide, nevertheless i gave it a shot. I used a very small plastic lure on a small hook and originally I was targeting for saltwater tarpon, but I was rewarded with 5 small Mangrove Jacks. Although they were small, they were aggressive. They really put up a fight even though it was just a baby. I'm posting the best 3 pics of the baby Jackaroonie I caught on a soft plastic lure.


First baby Jack. 




Baby Jack. So cute!




Hungry Jack! mmm, ... would love to have a whopper right now. haha!

NOTE: No Jacks were harmed in the making of this post, they were safely released. To all anglers, please practise "Catch, take a pic and Release" our local Mangrove Jack to maintain its' population. I know they are tasty but they are much tastier when over 30cm long. So for the small ones, give 'em another chance of life in the estuaries. Release the small ones so we can enjoy catching the big Jacks in the future.

0 comments: to “ "Small" Jacks on a Saturday morning. so far...