"WOOOOOOOO!!!" FINALLY A SEBARAU STRIKE!!

Monday 21 December 2009 0 comments

Alhamdulillah. After a 4th trip to Labi, I finally caught a Sebarau (Hampala Barb). Today's trip accompanied by Walid and Eejat (KB-ians anglers) and my cousin Tyco Kembura (Duo Fishing) was actually a last minute plan. I gave Walid a late text message the night before, informing him that Tyco and I decided to go to Labi to test our luck. The weather in KB was part cloudy and sunny but when we got to Labi, it was dull. It rained a bit but it was good enough for us to cast for Sebarau. Judging at the water, it looked promising as we saw and heard loud "chomping" noises. We knew it was the Sebarau chasing bait fish and we never stop casting. Walid had his popper splashed by Sebarau, not close enough to get it hooked. Eejat's lure always hit the snags and was lucky to retrieve it back safely (with the help of Fuad aka. Kenapol) and Tyco had no luck (no more sunday streak). At around 5-ish pm, my Berkley Gulp got a slight hit but the fish managed to get away. I kept on casting at the same spot and it took 20+ cast until I finally striked my first Sebarau. The fish was incredibly strong that the hook from my jig bent a little. Although it wasn't that big, it was powerful enough to give me a fight and damn it was fun reeling that fish in. At first I thought it was another Knifefish but to my delight, it was a Sebarau. When I held it in my hand, I was ecstatic that I suddenly "Woooooed" (Ric Flair style). Of all the fish I caught, Sebarau has to be the most powerful fish ever. Like B.P (Duo Fishing) always say, "Jangan jara-jara ..." Haha!!


My first Sebarau and it probably weigh around 700g.
(Pic was taken by Eejat. Thanks bro!)


 
My Berkley Gulp done it again! Sebarau was a proudly catch and release. =)