Halco Sorcerer strikes a Mangrove Jack!

Thursday 12 November 2009 0 comments

   Yesterday morning, I decided to go to Teraban "T-Junction" to test my luck in the area. The sea was calm, just a tiny wave hitting softly to the rocks. So, I decided to use a soft plastic lure hoping to catch something, but to my disappointment, there was NOTHING!! I could see hundreds of bait fish especially mullets, swimming closely to the rocks. There I knew, once there are hundreds of bait fish, it's difficult to catch some fish. Well maybe because they already had their breakfast with mullet on the menu. Sometimes when there are mullets, you could see queen fish having a feeding frenzy, with loud splashing sound. I had to go home 'cause I was desperate to use the toilet. (I blame the roti canai and teh tarik kau. haha!)
   Feeling frustrated that morning, I decided to give it another go but this time at the 7th alley and the target fish was a tarpon. At first, I was using the same soft plastic lure I used that morning but it seems like the fish weren't interested so changed it to my favourite lure, the Halco Sorcerer. So I kept on casting at the brackish waters, moving from spot to spot and finally I hit a strike just near a fallen tree. From afar, I though it was a Barramundi but I guess, starring at the laptop all the time had cause some minor damage to my eyes. haha! As I gently guided it to land, surprisingly not that excited like I used to. Maybe the thought of not catching a Sebarau from our trip to Labi haunts me, making me say, "oh, okay, ... it's just a Jack ..." But syukur alhamdulillah, at least I caught something.



Me, Jack and Halco.




Hmmm, ... I think I should get a bigger Halco.

0 comments: to “ Halco Sorcerer strikes a Mangrove Jack! so far...